Friday, October 7, 2016

10/6/16: Teambuilding


  1. 10/6/16
    1. Slept through E&M, turned out to be a good call, nothing but Gauss’s law and a bad TA lecture. Quantum was very cool though. Re-learned the “derivation” of Schroedinger’s equation and some fun examples of eigenfunction decomposition (linking up nicely with Fourier transforms).
    2. Went to SPS lounge, hung out for a bit. Talked to Jacob W. and Kyle about PhysCon travel stuff.
    3. Did tutorial hw and turned it in.
    4. Talked with Devin a bit, he had broken up with his girlfriend, interesting story.
    5. Returned to 2104, had a delicious sandwich for lunch, watched more April.
    6. After lunch I cleaned up dishes, sent some emails, and off to Creating a Company.
    7. Class was fun. First some logistical stuff, then two guests who’d taken the class previously and who related their struggles and triumphs. Then I got a chance to chat with people and try to nail down my team. Dimir and Zoltan were still down to work together. I walked around the room trying to figure out what everyone else was doing. One team was making little hot chocolate cubes :) Unfortunately they had 5 girls, no gender balance for me :P
    8. Finally managed to catch Raustin, the rogue philosophy major who had pitched an interesting idea about aggregating links to TV show merchandise. We had a good chat; he pitched me on another idea, an entertainment packaging company that fit well with his experience obtaining and selling sports/concert tickets; and then I tried out my idea about setting up a parallel lecture for the worst math professor on campus. He actually liked the idea, which my team had not, but thought people would be more likely to pay for well-organized notes and a video documenting the lecture, so that they could skip (people would be too lazy to actually go to another lecture). I agreed and resolved to get Raustin on my team somehow.
    9. Off to Glee! Good rehearsal, got into more of the meat of the music, and our conductor Meg taught us some good physical tricks for staying connected (remembering to keep air pressure up by paying attention to the lungs and chest). Xin did not come though :(
    10. Returned to 2104, went out for dinner with Xin. Ended up going to Aladdin’s. Poor Xin still has a lot on his mind, his dad hitting him with “business ideas” he should do, etc.
    11. Went to the gym. Xin wanted to come, so I waited for him to change, but the badminton courts were full, so I went to play basketball anyway, which worked out great. The gyro beforehand was not smart and I came close to puking, but it was so much fun.
    12. Back to 2104, awesome cold shower, wrote this log.

No comments:

Post a Comment