Sunday, July 10, 2016

Days of Summer Backlog >> 6/14/16 (SPS)

a.     And in the morning, I wake to find him preparing corn flapjacks. I mean, what a boss J Hopefully I can convince him to come out to some brunches next year. We eat and he drives me down to the SPS, just in time for me to throw all my gear in the back of physics Alex’s truck and hit the road for Maryhill State Park.
                                                 i.     In keeping with tradition, we get lunch at a cheesy Mexican restaurant on the way (Yakima?). It’s actually quite good. Then we book it. I have some small conversation with Joey, who is, conversationally speaking, an interesting fellow. He’s kind of aloof, but not in a withdrawn way—more in a kind of, I’m who I am and you’re who you are and this conversation ain’t gonna change that, so no point in getting in an argument or drilling into a line of inquiry, etc.
                                               ii.     But I mostly read. I’m getting into the Armageddon Rag.
                                              iii.     We arrive at the campsite, get set up. It’s a beautiful day, incredibly windy as normal in Maryhill. We go skip rocks. I have a scary experience nearly hitting Joey in the noggin with a rock as somehow it sticks to my fingers after I release the thumb. Lots of reading in the sun, which is awesome. Also play a game of Set with Devin, but I crush the poor fellow pretty badly.
                                              iv.     We eat a delicious vegetable stew for dinner; Devin and I clean.

                                               v.     More reading, lying around the fire. Everyone goes to bed pretty early. I stay up to send email and get the last details ironed out for the Big Sky Weekend trip, then crash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment