Saturday, July 16, 2016

Days of Summer >> 7/15/16


  1. 7/15/16
    1. Hard to wake up. I can sleep in tonight!
    2. Last day of windsurfing goes well. I’m riding like a boss, a colossus astride the waves. (I mean, I still get dunked on a few times, but I ride into Lakewood with perfect control :) Say goodbye to the teachers and head out.
    3. Grandma gives me a ride to the Alpha BBQ, which is almost over. I snag two enormous burgers and eat with Ross and his buddy (aargh!) Adam. Adam. Hear about an ex-military Alpha dude, an awesome guy, who spends almost half his working hours (somehow) chatting in the break room.
    4. Frustrating couple of hours talking with Ross, who (in my opinion) is looking too far ahead, versus doing research and hacking stuff together to see if everything will mesh. Worse, he’s not even looking ahead all the way--he’s taking the worst of all possible middle roads and making a bash script command line interface.
    5. Head back, read HPMOR for a good hour. Incredibly intense raid on Azkaban. Some of the best plot-driven writing I’ve read… gosh, ever :)
    6. Take a quick bike ride. The world is so beautiful, the sun so warm, the paths so inviting.
    7. Return, grab I and Mom, drive to Nevada and pick up Dad. Go to Fiamma Pizza for the first time in years. The atmosphere is beautiful, crafted, and the pizza is delicious. Good conversation with I about the stories in her head.
    8. Back home, toss the football with Dad until the mosquitoes come out. Then send email, check Facebook stream. Take this goofy vocabulary test. Top 0.12% :D
    9. Read more, write this log.

No comments:

Post a Comment