Saturday, July 16, 2016

Days of Summer >> 7/13/16


  1. 7/13/16
    1. Windsurfing! But no wind. So paddleboarding. We go along the coast, and a beautiful coast it is. Like something from a story, the branches reaching across the water, the sandy beach at the end…
    2. Park day! I try to relax my organizing reflex. It works, Sean steps in to run a game of Banana Flag. Lots of random goofing around with the balls I bring. End the day shooting hoops with a few of the little kids and a bunch of Hispanic kids on the court. Good day!
    3. Dinner, reading, stuff I don’t remember right now. Parents struggling with trying to find a place we can go for the weekend.
    4. Watch Deathnote. Very scary psychological episode where Light must convince the widow of an agent he killed to give him her name so he can kill her as well, before she solves the crime and unmasks him. Brutal. Vindicates my parents’ judgment of Light. After that, we try for some levity with a Firefly episode, but we’re getting into the phase of the show that corresponds with network executives trying to mainstreamize the filming, etc. It’s still a rousing adventure, but has less of the characteristic Firefly warmth. I crash with coldness seeping through my veins, the dark diffusion halted only by the void’s darker embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment