Saturday, July 16, 2016

Days of Summer >> 7/14/16


  1. 7/14/16
    1. Windsurfing. Try the giant 6.3 m^3 sail. It’s a struggle and I get dunked on a lot, and I freeze because I thought we were paddleboarding and didn’t wear a wetsuit. Lunch witnesses me flopping on the ground in exhaustion. But it also rejuvenates me, I toss on a wetsuit and hop back on.
    2. Work! Find a neat command line interface for ssh, after wasting a lot of time researching some bizarre serial port configuration, to control a virtual box from the host machine.
    3. Lots of reading HPMOR.
    4. Get Chipotle with Mom.
    5. M goes a little bonkers about not being able to get photos off our camera. I eat my dinner immersed in Heart of Stone--every once in a while I try to help, but it’s tricky.
    6. Hang out with I! She’s been reticent lately--I think windsurfing taxes her--but when I offer to volunteer myself for some relaxation training, she perks up. Basically, relaxation training consists of me getting poked in the stomach and tickled, and fighting really hard to just relax, not tense up at all. My sis can just lie there (she calls it flopping) and get poked and tickled in the stomach without offering the slightest resistance or even notice. It’s really impressive. We end up talking about the complex story she works on whenever her brain isn’t occupied elsewhere, the characters that represent herself, but also the many others. She’s reached a level where all the characters think about each other, so that in effect, she has many different views on herself. I never got there back when I constructed stories rather than argued about math with myself--I just had one really sentient character, always exactly as I hoped I would be, a general or apocalypse rebuilder or inventor...

No comments:

Post a Comment