Tuesday, April 5, 2016

4/4/16


  1. 4/4/16
    1. Hi everyone! At this point I’m several weeks behind. I have some writing in the buffer, but right now I just gotta get today downloaded.
    2. Today was a good day--mostly work, but good work. Woke up and read up on numerical integration. Lots of classes, made lunchbox poster, went to startup job fair and derped around (I’m not currently looking for a summer internship, having turned an offer down already.) But it was fun to ask questions, figure out what people were looking for. This amazing company Jikopower, which came out of the UW entre community and the foster accelerator, and makes thermoelectric chargers to be mounted on cookstoves in third world countries--plus a whole lot of spinoff ideas--was there. If possible, I’d love to get in with them, next year or something like that.
    3. Then I had dinner with Xin after a little exercise (man, it’s amazing what 15 minutes of one-man basketball can do), pleasant conversation, EE professor gossip. Looks like Xin’s gonna do a research project this quarter. Housing is still up in the air--Xin was thinking Stevens but he just realized they’re all singles :( I’m still trying to wrangle some coherence out of Brandon and Jacob.
    4. Off to Monday night swing! Gosh, so much fun. Danced a lot with Alex (I actually went on a date with her a few days back in the undocumented times) and had some good conversation, planned a Thursday meetup. Hung out with Trevor trying to pick up some new moves--I even managed to improvise some new/modified ones and try them out! Afterwards we all went to Dick’s and ate our burgers on the flatbed of Eric’s (new fellow, gave me a ride back to the UW) pickup. I got a sundae and split with Alex. Diego, the Swing officer in charge of the Monday dances, made a crazy shot into the garbage bin, and the crowd went wild.
    5. Back to Haggett to claim a few hours of rest :D Until next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment