Tuesday, April 12, 2016

4/11/16 (verbose)


  1. 4/11/16
    1. Quick entry:
    2. Woke up, had delicious cup of tea with new loose-leaf tea strainer :D
    3. Classes, math was cool, CS straightforward, lots of people asking goofy questions (“What happens if I break the C standard idioms?” “Can you explain that thing that’s obviously going to be on the next slide?”. Alex (different one from CS), Matthew and I were exchanging looks at some of the dorkier ones.
    4. Met up with Akshay coming out of CS, we walked to lunchbox, Akshay watching my back for zombies. Lunchbox was interesting, prof actually tried to explain things at too low a level though. Got a sense of how a topological insulator works!
    5. Accounting, interesting but slow as a Tennesee swamp river. Read Gamelin (the new Folland! My complex analysis book) half the time.
    6. Met up with Alex briefly to trade off yoga mats; we met outside Paccar and then headed to Haggett. Talked a bit more about the vet/environmental science decision, financial/family stuff. She liked our room, met Xin :D
    7. Worked out briefly in the McMahon courts, put laundry in, read more analysis, went to physics tutoring group meeting. Pretty fun--I tell ya, if we had done that same brainstorming exercise (how to deal with a hostile student) with education majors, it woulda been boring as snoring. But physicists liven it up. Lotsa different perspectives/models all based on roughly earnest objectivity.
    8. Grabbed dinner with Justin, an SPS dude with whom I’d never really connected because he was goofing off so hard with Isaac and Devin and the League of Goofballs. But he’s really into physics! Fun sharing our appreciation of lunchbox :D
    9. Returned to Haggett, decided to stop anxiously checking my phone (a state of affairs that accompanies dating), settle down, and plug away at my Systems hw before the Monday dance.
    10. I do so, get a lot done, only to discover that this time, I ought to have been anxiously checking my phone. The irony! <2 hrs ago>, read I, Alex was seeking help on her math, while Grace was asking if I was free to skype.
    11. I gave my temples a good hearty slapping, apologized to Grace, asked Alex if she wanted me to look at anything now. She did, I looked at it, pretty fun to sketch up some diagrams and text-tutor for 20 minutes. Then off to the dance. Poor Alex was buried under Webassign, so she ended up not being able to make it, and I kept looking at problems periodically. But it worked out fine. Holly and Ryan worked on my technique, gave me some drills to go home with :D
    12. Returned to Haggett, hung out with Brandon and Siri in the lounge for a bit (Siri revealed his latest obsession, with bizarre online reviews of military rations) and then retired to finish laundry and write this log.
    13. Good night all! May you ride that ‘ol risin’ tide,
    14. Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment