Sunday, January 24, 2016

1/23/15


  1. Oops, another absence! I need to be more consistent :)
  2. What happened today? I played some racquetball with Tommy in the morning--Brandon, Xin, Zach,Tommy and I were going to play some badminton but the courts were closed. Thankfully Tommy knew the rules of racquetball. We played a fun match, which Tommy won 13-12. Then a bit of lifting with Brandon, before Brandon, Zach and I headed to Indian buffet. Very tasty. Talked with Brandon about housing.
  3. Then lots of homework, a bit of essay writing for CSE, but at 6:30 Tommy, Vivian and Catherine from the floor, and I headed to the Lunar New Year festival put on by the Chinese Students Association. Xin had work and I couldn't convince him to switch his shift. 
  4. It was super well organized! The hosts were awesome, and they brought in programs from all over Seattle--a dance school with really cute 7-yr-olds, a taiko drumming club, a group that played this crazy guitar/piano instrument called a guzhang. 
  5. At the end, all the officers, including Demi whom I know through Xin, did a goofy dance. It appears that Demi is to CSA as Ayush is to Startup UW--the humble, friendly, hardworking shmid whose presence everyone enjoys. Lots of people were yelling her name as she did the goofy dance :)
  6. Afterwards, grabbed a microwave dinner at the Nook, ate in the dorm, watched the end of a movie called Over 21, filmed on the UW campus. Super madcap. Then more HW, a bit of ping pong with Xin, then some Super Smash Flash to finish out the night. Destroyed Xin on the last round, matchup between our two favorite characters. Super exciting since I'm usually crushed. 
  7. Note to self: I've noticed that I've been posting less academic stuff than I did last year. I've gotta include some juicy tidbits about assembly language and bridge rectifiers next entry. But until then, life high five!

1 comment: