Thursday, January 21, 2016

1/21/15


  1. Highlight of the day:
  2. Ok, today was pretty interesting.
  3. First highlight: took my whiteboard down to the Physics machine shop and cut it up. Big giant (but floppy)  4' x 8' sheet--was a real pain to carry.
  4. Went to math, leaving whiteboard stuff in SPS. Then CSE 351--intro to X86 Instruction Set Architecture, registers, all that jazz. 
  5. Then highlight 2: an afternoon in the SPS! First a lunchbox seminar which is pretty interesting, although much of it goes over my head, on superconductors. Then, 
  6. --well, I guess I go to Neural Engineering for a lecture on signal processing, but then
  7. I'm back in the SPS making 2 lunchbox posters. It's a lot of work, but they're some of my best posters. I also make some little update squares describing the board game we'll play this Friday, to attach to the Get the Physicists Together poster. 
  8. By the time I'm done and heading back to Haggett with my whiteboards, it's like 6:10. Run into Max and Ayush on the way. 
  9. Get dinner with Chase at 6:30. He's doing pretty well--still hanging with the other PnPGA officers. Run into Brandon heading back to Haggett with Chase, and we all decide to go to the gym. Hang out with Chase in my room, try to do a bit of work while Brandon eats, then we head down, grabbing Zach on the way. 
  10. Btw lots of people have grabbed and installed my whiteboards! I'm calling that a win.
  11. Work out pretty hard, try out the inclined bench and the squat cage. It's fun with more people!
  12. Get ice cream at Ricks with Chase, Zach, Brandon.
  13. Shower, back up the machine, write some email, write this log, hit the hay. 'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment