Sunday, January 10, 2016

1/10/16


  1. Highlight: Touch football with floormates! It happened almost by chance. I woke, fairly late, wrote up the SPS newsletter, then messaged Brandon to see if he wanted to toss the football, since blue light was fairly streaming through my window. I walked out into the lounge to meet him with my football, only to find a crowd of floormates watching the 'Hawks game. The game was for a spot in the playoffs, and there was 1:15 to play. The Hawks were up 1, but Minnesota had driven to the 15. The game looked over. Minnesota lined up for a field goal.
    And the kicker missed! The floor exploded in celebratory chaos. Then people saw my football, and rapidly a group snowballed. Brandon, I and 6 others headed down to the turf fields. We warmed up for a bit, then somebody started organizing a game.
    It was really fun! I played wide receiver pretty dang well. Afterwards, Ricardo, Brandon, and I went to the Indian buffet, which was awesome, and carried on a wide-ranging political discussion.
  2. Other things that happened: 
    1. Did 390 homework--fun Unix commands stuff.
    2. Read ahead on my 334 lab and did some prep. 
    3. Go to Yoga! Meet Hannah Martens from Polygamy last quarter, and her floormates.
    4. Roll socks for Humans vs. Zombies.
    5. Hang out with floormates baking cookies. 
  3. Gotta log off and write an email to Professor Gundlach so I can hang out in his lab! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment