Friday, January 15, 2016

1/14/16

Highlights from yesterday: Humans vs. Zombies mission where the humans were routed and my brains were eaten. Also, doing math with Issa and Andrew and some others. The weirdnesses of our math homework are better shared, plus, Issa and Andrew and I ended up going to the Gyrocery for dinner :)
Also! Super happy about finally getting into the mindset of bit vector operations and crushing some tricky 351 lab 1 problems.

Highlights from today: I climbed with Brandon in the morning, then did some lifting. I finally understand and have experienced what a bench press is. Then we ate some breakfast. It was awesome. Bigger highlight: Grace came down from Bellingham to hang out! Her mom was also visiting a friend, so it worked out well. We took a tour of the physics building, including going to the downstairs labs. Y'all remember I've been meaning to email Prof. Gundlach to see about hanging out in his lab? Well, Grace and I ran into him, he invited us into the lab, explained what was going on to Grace, answered a few questions of mine, and then said I could hang out in the lab anytime. What the frick, right?

Then we had lunch, played some hoops, took a walk, ate dinner at SomTamThai. It was great. After that I had Glee, talked with Paul for a bit about singing tips, etc.

And then... math. Did writeups. Oh, and Rick's with Brandon and Zach! Hung out in the floor lounge for a bit.

Now I really do need to go to bed. Fare thee well!

Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment