Sunday, November 22, 2015

11/20/15


  1. Wake up, go to Math bleary-eyed. Get some interesting sympathy from my classmates for the rather large gap in my grin. But honestly, I continue to handle feelings of regret very well. I think it helped to have Xin be the extreme pessimist and apologist--makes me realize in embodied form the futility of worrying about split enamel. I make an appointment to get the teeth built up again with composite on Monday. Eat some oatmeal. 
  2. Skip classes and practice for the concert for two hours. Go to TA meeting, then SPS Get the Physicists Outside with my bin of balls. Initially nobody shows up, but then Bearded Jacob, Frank, Devin, and finally a new guy Erin come. It's really fun. Frisbee and football at first, and at the end we play team bounce maximization with my volleyball :)
  3. Head back to Haggett, dress in my Glee duds. Rehearse. Go out to dinner, eat miso soup :) Return to Kane, 10 last minutes of rehearsal, then the concert. Women's Choir, then us, then the U Singers, who rock this year. We sounded pretty good too, although I (and I think a bunch of others) screwed up Ramkali :)
  4. Met up with family. Mary and Izzy were almost unrecognizable with their cosmopolitan haircuts and stylish black dress--I thought they were members of the Women's Choir. Go out to EJ burger and I manage to very carefully eat half a burger and some fries, plus a milkshake. Great to see everyone. 
  5. Return to Haggett and crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment