Saturday, November 7, 2015

10/6/15


  1. Highlight of the day: Lavin welcome back reception. I knew a bunch of people from CS, Ayush, Grant, Anwell, and more, so catching up was fun. I also met some new people, including members of my new "Lavin family", which includes Jamie :) Man, a group of more socially competent and engaged people one could hardly meet. It's so weird. I've been reminiscing lately about many of my friends, philosophers, physicists, super great people, who are lacking that sense of social engagement/confidence. And here's this group of people that embody that very quality. Interesting.
  2. Other things that happened today: Turned in math hw after long night of toil. Ferried board games, kettle over to SPS lounge in preparation for Physicists Together. I only had 2 people for Physicists Together (Michael and Devin), but it was fun. Talked to Daven (not Devin), who was prepping for CS midterm. Over lunch, started reading interesting SlateStarCodex post, very dark. End of day: went out for Rick's with Xin, played ping-pong with Xin, Donovan, and a new dude from the very social 1-2 North floor named Reese.
  3. :) Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment