Wednesday, February 10, 2016

2/9/16

  1. Another short post:
  2. Circuits midterm this morning! Think I 'pwned it, but who knows :)
  3. SPS meeting. Felt a bit of pressure to get the Ice Cream Social next week (the first event I'm captaining) right. 
  4. In a strange state of fried-ness, sleep-deprived-ness, mild nervousness about the Social, and (probably) pressure towards my long-term goal of getting in the romantic relationship game accentuated by the fact that I have two dances coming up in a few weeks, I wandered out of the SPS, got lunch, went to Linux. Marveled at the extremely syntax-oriented, context-free manner we were being taught, and at the googly-eyed enthusiasm of the noob freshmen, and generally felt disappointed in the world for no substantive reason at all.
  5. Took me a while to shake this off. I read math outside, joined some random ppl in the quad for a short frisbee break, got a key to the music practice rooms and practiced for Glee.
  6. But during/after Glee my mood bounced back. Good singing, followed by dinner, followed by making the Ice Cream Social poster, which I actually think is pretty boss:
  7. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19QjkOvDrjv_0qQ_uXS9HXJEccDWctRJj2FVpXrJqmb8/edit?usp=sharing
  8. Combined to improve my spirits substantially. I hung out with some floormates for a bit, relaxed, got into the flow of the conversation, then went down to the IMA for climbing, which was great. Finished the Ice Cream social poster, made a Lunchbox poster, looked at house stuff on craigslist, wrote this log, went to bed. Cheers y'all! Might be seeing some of you soon during the long weekend back in Bham!

4 comments:

  1. A world-weary Spencer! I thought I would never see it. But, yes a really bad lecturer and lack of sleep can make it happen to anyone...

    Love the atomic ice cream cone! Did you come up with that? Or is that the current Ice Cream Social symbol for SPS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this is the first Social we've held in a long time! Jannel came up with the cone when she made the big paper poster above the SPS door--I basically copied her design :)

      Delete
  2. You're going to be in town? We need to hang out! You should text me or something if you have some free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. joan0716@sbcglobal.netFebruary 14, 2016 at 10:13 PM

    The poster is professional quality: Theorists vs. Experimentalists. Love it, J & T

    ReplyDelete