Tuesday, February 2, 2016

2/1/16


  1. First up today, the first Math 334 Midterm! It was a lot of fun, but I couldn't quite get 2 of the 4 problems. In both cases, I was really, really close, but a bad assumption / strategical mistake up front meant I couldn't quite finish the calculations. Super neat problems though. A series convergence problem about a series made out of another divergent sequence, and a geometric problem bounding the volume of a region in a ball by the region of its surface area, using the Divergence Thm. 
  2. After that, 351 lecture, where we talked about arrays in C, not super exciting. But then I went to lunchbox. Neat lecture on neutrinos. Felt like I was understanding a bit of the quantum stuff that was going on. But the SPS lounge was packed--I only got one slice of pizza. 
  3. As a consequence, when I got out of my exhausting circuits lab at 4--which was fun, but really hard--I was starving. I grabbed a banana and cookie and met up with Trevor, Max, Brandon. We bussed to the house Brandon and I found for a tour. The house looked really nice, but the landlord surprised us by saying that the current tenants planned to stay for another year :(
  4. After that, dinner with Xin, delicious teriyaki. Went back and did the coding challenge that DocuSign had sent me. Almost finished it, but wanted to do a binary search for extra glitz--still need to debug. 
  5. And then I did circuits hw with Brandon and Winnie. Pretty straightforward. Was able to finish up Linux hw as well, then look at a few houses that had just come on the market with Brandon. 
  6. Heading to sleep now! 'Night, 
  7. Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment