Sunday, November 20, 2016

11/19/16: Home Sweet Home


  1. 11/19/16: Home Sweet Home
    1. Wake up, to my surprise, in Bellingham.
    2. Go ice skating with M, which is lots of fun. Haven’t done that in forever. M tries to teach me some spins and backwards stuff.
    3. Bagels!
    4. Go to Ferndale YMCA with Mom and Iz and play Wallyball. They teach me how to spike, which is fun.
    5. Go to Grandma’s to watch the game. Get to watch the first half and eat some delicious grilled cheese sandwiches before I have to go.
    6. Take the Bolt Bus home. Read up on the foundations of relational databases on the way back.
    7. Go to Winnie’s birthday party! Meet up with some physics TAs; don’t know anyone else. Man, that girl has gone hardcore physics. Interesting conversation, but the party breaks up soon after I get there.
    8. Whereupon I go to Jacob’s party! Where, to my greater surprise, I don’t know anyone either. But everyone is friendly and I get to know lots of people. Most of them are not from the UW (?!) but from a summer camp that Jacob worked at this summer.
    9. Get to talk to both of Jacob’s roommates; interesting people. One of them is a bioengineer interested in brain-computer interfaces.
    10. A girl named Emma who I hadn’t even been introduced to at the party drives me back to 2104. There, I unpack and hang out with Xin for a bit, end up reading about perceptrons in this really cool book Xin gave me, called the New Turing Omnibus.
    11. Write this log and hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment