Friday, November 18, 2016

11/17/16: Sanity Doesn't Desert Me for a Day


  1. 11/17/16
    1. E&M exam. Wake up, eat a hearty breakfast of eggs and english muffins, chat a bit with Jan, and study a few last problems. Then it’s off to Physics.
    2. The exam itself is actually fun! I feel very solid, catch myself making mistakes and fix them, pace myself perfectly. And it turns out I extrapolated intelligently from the equation sheet and studied exactly the right things. Makes me think I should just go ahead and take the second quarter of E&M next quarter and not devote too much time to it.
    3. Hang out in SPS lounge, work on website for CaC. Use Squarespace live chat efficiently to sidestep frustration.
    4. Go running with Johan! This was so long overdue. We meet in CS, dump our stuff in the gym lockers, and hit the trails. That dude can really get me excited about CS stuff and the “ambitious student” lifestyle in general. We talk about some special interest groups within CSE he’s organizing; I might go to the first meeting for that tomorrow.
    5. I try to explain quantum to him and fail (I need to up my game for Christmas), while we jog through Laurelhurst.
    6. Get smoothies at Cafe on the Ave and then pupusas at Guanaco’s, before parting ways. I go to Paccar for CaC; the start of the class is lecture-y and slow, but it doesn’t last long. Get to catch up with team and then work with Damir on the website.
    7. Lavin All-student meeting. Tasty sandwiches. Chat with Michelle, Kasey, dude who always comes to lunches (Kevin). Keynote not super interesting.
    8. Glee rehearsal! Arrive late but have a good time.
    9. Practice glee for a bit then…
    10. Film Club! We watch a bizarre movie about a French factory worker who has to convince her coworkers to vote for her to stay on, versus them getting a bonus. World of scarcity for legit sure. Kind of grim but the ending is uplifting.
    11. Film clubbers walk to EJ’s afterwards. I sit on the sidelines for an intense conversation about gaming consoles and then politics.
    12. Return to 2104. Xin and Brandon are cooking dinner, though it’s like 11pm. Go work on website a bit more, then crash. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment