Tuesday, October 20, 2015

10/(15-19)/15

1.     10/(15-19)/15
a.     Well, crud! It’s the 19th and I have some catching up to do. On Thursday the 15th, I had a good SPS meeting, talked with Frank while hanging up lots of flyers. Then I pulled an all-but-3-hours-nighter to finish up math homework. It was actually pretty fun (once I got past the initial “I’m not gonna finish” panic), because we worked in a big group, and I learned a lot from my classmates.
b.     On Friday, I turned in my 14-page math homework (ok, 7 pages double sided, but the problems were hard). Then I ran the first Physicists Together! It was pretty great. Only two new people showed up, but all the officers were there and we had an amazing time with the soccer ball, Frisbees, and football from my big bin of balls. Then, that evening, I went to Obscure Sports Seattle’s Friday Night dodgeball. We played some legit dodgeball. The court: this odd remnant from making tennis courts, which was thin enough to divide lengthwise into dodgeball halves. Then I skyped with Grace.
c.      On Saturday, well, first I slept in until noon. I went to the 8 with Xin and had myself some breakfast. I managed to run around the West Campus dorms sticking flyers on RAs’ doors on the Honors, Pre-Engineering, and Pre-Health floors, asking them where to put up SPS flyers. Then I hustled to DubHacks, where I got tons of swag, ate lots of really good free food (the amount of money floating around is insane) and stayed up until 3 trying to write a web crawler. Got back at 8 and kept working. I ended up not completing the crawler in time to integrate it with the app that Johan’s buddies Ben, Ronnie, and another Spencer (Johan had to leave for work) spent all night writing (they drank so many energy drinks), but I had fun reading through their code. In the end, we demoed this little grocery tracker that used a machine learning API to analyze photos of groceries and returned to the user lists of tags to choose and add to their fridge, or Iceboxx.
d.     Ok, that was most of Sunday too. After DubHacks on Sunday, I played some soccer in McMahon with Xin and crashed.
e.     Monday: Went to CSE career fair! Talked to some cool startups. Didn’t have a resume, but it was fun. Later I attended a Q&A with one really cool founder. He had some terrific stories to tell.
f.      Today: Almost lost my wallet! That was exciting. What else? Made Lunchbox flyers. Did tons of homework. Glee Club was fun. Went out with the floor for Rick’s, super fun. Dorm social stuff is definitely going smoother than last year. After that, I went to the McMahon courts with Siri and played some soccer.

g.     Still left this week: Lavin application. Prep for epic 334 midterm on Monday. Lots of HW. Grading circuit problem. I’m pushing through one step at a time. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment