Sunday, February 22, 2015

UW Update Sunday Feb. 22

1.     UW Update Sunday Feb. 22
a.     Woke, did reading for education class and did physics hw. Was frustrated by lots of mistakes I was making in simple problem.
b.     Went to Which Wich, ate a delicious sandwich and read for teaching class.
c.      Returned to dorm and met with August and Chase. Unfortunately George and the other D&D player couldn’t make it, so we cancelled D&D for the day. Chase and I clarified our stances for and against relativity; we plan to carry out an ongoing debate as the class progresses. Chase went to lunch. I finished physics hw then headed to the gym for some basketball.
d.     Got into a game quickly and played three games. I felt that my instincts and coordination, along with my shot accuracy, had improved from Friday; playing two days in quick succession probably helped.
e.     Returned to the dorm, showered, and read more Building a Better Teacher. 
f.      Got picked up by Julie, Ken, Joseph, and Noah, who were down visiting our friend in the hospital. We went to Taste of India and ate an amazing dinner with our friend’s parents (thanks Coopers!) Julie and I chatted about my unschooling project and she gave me some leads to follow.
g.     Grabbed some groceries at the District Market and returned to the dorm. Read lots more Building a Better Teacher, took a break to eat an apple and listen to some stories on the MOTH podcast, then Skyped with Ian (most of it was actually instant messaging since he only found his computer’s microphone at the end of the call). We talked about my Cows class and Egyptian religion, our complex social lives, and his classes at Whatcom. He’s hanging out with Lydia and keeping in contact with the rest of the homeschoolers there.

h.     Wrote this log and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment