Tuesday, February 10, 2015

UW Update Monday Feb. 9

1.     UW Update Monday Feb. 9
a.     First day of relativity in physics. Asked Garcia a question that ended up requiring length contraction to understand.
b.     Worked on paper for cows and submitted my midterm for teaching.
c.      Lunchbox Seminar on the axion by the professor who runs the CENPA dark matter lab. It was really interesting.
d.     Went to teaching class. My mental energy began to flag as we split into groups to debate the relative merits of different countries’ education systems. Our in-group brainstorm turned into a normal conversation, as I’ve noticed they usually do; I’m not sure yet whether this speaks to some deficiency in how the class motivates its students, or just something that naturally happens when students are given autonomy and must be allowed for.
e.     Took a nap to clear my head.
f.      Woke, worked on remainder of presentation for cows.
g.     Went to Judo, learned new throws and a pin.
h.     Came back and decided to eat dinner before changing out of my white Judo uniform since the better restaurants at the 8 were just about to close. Barely avoided badly staining my Judo pants.

i.       Took a shower and worked on my presentation, then my essay, for cows. Finally played 10 minutes of this fun flash game I remembered from the carefree days of my youth, before writing this log and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment