Sunday, November 16, 2014

UW Daily Update Saturday Nov. 15

1.     UW Daily Update Saturday Nov. 15
a.     Sleep in.
b.     Work a little bit more on my rover code; realize it’s irretrievably messy and start writing a class to manage the details.
c.      Head to the lounge to watch the football game. Manage to get it playing, but nobody is there to watch with me and I’m hungry, so I head to Which Wich and grab a delicious sandwich. The game is playing there, so I camp there until halftime. At halftime, I run to Trader Joe’s and grab some fruit, then walk back to the dorm. I call my uncle Mike while I walk and we chat about Thanksgiving preparations, football, and college.
d.     Watch the rest of the game in the lounge. The Huskies made a disastrous mistake at the end leading to a loss we neither deserved (we outplayed our much higher ranked opponents the entire game) nor were able to afford given our post-season chances.
e.     Went to the IMA and played badminton. It was nice since there were 8 courts open as opposed to the usual 4 on weekdays.
f.      Showered and ate dinner with Xin and Brandon from physics.
g.     Returned to the lounge and watched Catch Me If You Can, a true story about a brilliant young con artist and forger who, after being captured, worked with the FBI to secure checks and catch financial criminals.
h.     We were going to watch Dead Poets’ Society afterwards, but it had been taken off Netflix. Any one of us could have bought it off Amazon for $3, an option I supported and put money behind, but the diversion opened an avenue for other movies to be considered, and we ended up watching the King’s Speech. I at first was bummed since I already had seen it, but I ended up really enjoying it.

i.       Went to bed (it was late!).

No comments:

Post a Comment