Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wednesday Dec. 10

1.     Wednesday Dec. 10
a.     Woke up, showered. Stepped out of the stairwell into the gray morning fog. Hoped to get a breakfast at Motosurf, but when I realized they were closed, crunched down on gorp to get that crucial brain glucose.
b.     Entered our lecture hall, grabbed an exam. Double checked about using my nicer calculator, a TI-89, with Sam, and realized I couldn’t use my TI-89. So I Leroy-switched my long-unused Casio from radian to degree mode to save crucial thinking minutes in the last seconds before the bell.
c.      The bell rang and again I plunged myself through the curtain into cold water. I went through the exam and did all the problems I could quickly figure out how to solve. Then I went through the exam a second time and, with a fresh look, managed to come up with solutions for all the trickier problems. Blunder-checked a couple times before time was called. The exam was actually really well written, covering everything we had learned. It was interesting without being impossible.
d.     Headed back to the dorm grinning and packed. Mom and Dad picked up me and Xin, whom we were giving a ride. Xin packed light; I packed heavy, so Xin ended up carrying a lot of my stuff.
e.     Dad interrogated Xin in his friendly way and managed to find out things about his life I hadn’t known. We stopped at Port of Subs. Xin was a little embarrassed ordering, confessing he had never really ordered a sub sandwich before.
f.      Dropped Xin off in Chuckanut. Survived backing out of his clifftop driveway.
g.     Made it home in time for Game Day. Joseph, Noah, and William greeted me with enthusiasm. I talked with them, Ethan, and Monica, then with Henry after he showed up. (Skagit CC, where he was studying, was also having finals, and he had been studying.) Played a game of King of Tokyo! with Lucas and some other little kids. Got into a Banana Dueling bout with Joseph, Noah, Izzy, and little Brennan.
h.     Returned home. Ate dinner at Casa Que Pasa. Picked up a John Green book, Paper Towns, that Dad had grabbed, and luxuriated in the feeling of having no responsibility.

i.       Read yet another John Green book with Dad and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment