Friday, October 3, 2014

Day By Day Update: Thursday Oct. 3

Hello! Don’t be alarmed by this post: I will go back and fill in missing days. I have a bunch of stuff written already But I realized that daily posts are more sustainable, so I’ll start now.

Highlights Update Oct. 3
1.     Go to physics tutorial section and have fun analyzing problems with classmates.
2.     Work outside at a lovely outdoor table facing south and the water. Do postlab and lab policy quiz.
3.     Eat lunch with Eleanor. Discuss economics and enter debate about validity of values system implied by standard economic models. Do a little physics homework.
4.     Realize I’ve missed the section for CS that I changed the time for to avoid collision with another class. Sneak into old section and docomplicated problem involving doing manipulation with just a stack and a queue.
5.     Go back to dorm, apply style guidelines to CS assignment, and turn it in.
6.     Go to Mary Gates for the first of two in-person meetings of my education seminar. It looks like a really interesting class. My classmates look at different aspects than I typically do, which is good. The narrowing of jobs due to automation was contradicted by a report indicating job expansion. “Reform” and “improvement”, but not “disruption”, were mentioned.
7.     Eat chicken strips (cheap, protein-rich) at 8 diner,
8.     then go to Film club screening of Little Miss Sunshine. Have a great time.

9.     Return to the dorm, do ed seminar readings and physics readings, work on my physics simulator (more on that later), read, go to bed. (No, I hadn’t done that at the time of writing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment