Sunday, October 12, 2014

Daily Update Sunday Oct. 12: A relaxing day

1.     Daily Update Sunday Oct. 12
a.     Slept in until nearly noon.
b.     Replied to email.
c.      Read material for education class.
d.     Went to the Ave to take advantage of delicious Indian food lunch buffet. Figured since I didn’t eat breakfast this was the perfect time to try a buffet J
e.     Enjoyed prolonged meal. The lamb biryani was especially good. Read Logicomix and my favorite blog, Ribbonfarm. Emerged absolutely stuffed.
f.      Went back to dorm, watched end of Seahawks game. Finished reading and note-taking on education class material, then wrote a discussion question for the class.
g.     Studied briefly for physics exam with Eleanor and Emily. They went to get dinner and bubble tea, but I wasn’t hungry yet, so I went to the basketball courts at Denny field with my basketball. But instead of basketball, I ended up playing a game of 3-on-3 ultimate with some people from the Film club. It was a lot of fun.
h.     Went back to dorm and did more physics with Eleanor. Nicolas and Chase were there; Nicolas would occasionally look up from chemistry homework to comment on one of the bizarre tangents restless and voluble Eleanor would raise. Chase brought up random topics with me when Eleanor was busy working on a problem.
i.       Eventually I went to get dinner near 8:00. Chase followed me to the 8, and we talked of physics, then one of his greatest weaknesses, the tendency to overthink others’ behavior, in the context of his past love life, which was fraught with missed opportunities. Chase also told me of his best friend in HS, an eccentric but empathetic character who moved from troubled girlfriend to troubled girlfriend and attempted to solve their issues, apparently having calculated that the benefits that he could provide to each girl would be greater than the subsequent trauma caused by breakup. I’m making Chase sound bad here, like I couldn’t get a word in edgewise, but the truth is I was interested and I was eating, so I just mostly listened and didn’t try to bring up other topics.
j.       Went to Rick’s and grabbed a delicious ice cream sandwich for less than most places would charge for just the ice cream.
k.     Returned to dorm, did yet more physics, did this log, read more of the Stephen King book I’m reading in parallel with Dad, then went to bed.

l.       Note: I’m not doing justice to how lovely and relaxing this Sunday was. It gave me just the right blend of work, socialization, exercise, and delicious food that a student needs to prepare for the upcoming week. I was in a great mood the whole day.

5 comments:

  1. classic Spence!!! I think it's time you mention your favorite uncle in this blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i especially liked sections i. and l.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I'll mention you as a faithful commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG sections i and l were my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Molly! How's it going? (If you see this, reply via email and not on this thread :))

    ReplyDelete