Thursday, June 1, 2017

5/28/17: A Beautiful Sunday


  1. 5/28/17
    1. Spend the Sunday in Bellingham! Have an incredible brunch of eggs Benedict, continue the discussion from yesterday about what research is and how to use it ;) take a NEW HIKE near our house with the family involving a fun conversation with I about her future ambitions as a high school and community college double agent.
    2. Return to Seattle. Realize I left my Husky card at the gym, and have to go to Uwajimaya to buy an apple to get cashback to take the bus. Bus back to campus, immediately meet Gaya, who has tried to get at-the-door tickets for a crazy play. But the yokels running the play sold the tickets earlier than announced. We make a lightning dinner of tikka masala eggs and tacos with refried beans, check back at the theater--no cancellation tickets for us--and decide to go to Volunteer park. We pack blanket and frisbee and embark on a bus ride--Gaya convinces the bus driver that I’m a UW student and to let me on for free :D
    3. Get off, walk through a beautiful neighborhood to the park. Watch the gorgeous sunset, which Gaya’s logistical genius has set us up for perfectly. Run into Maxwell from CSE, the nice grad student who talked to me about research and ETH. Throw the disk with Gaya and are just about to pull out the Cards against Humanity extension she gave me when we are besieged by storms of bugs. Flee the park swatting and sidestepping. Again, Gaya does the talking and gets me on the bus; back at the U-district, we use the bonus cash to get a giant sampler ice-cream bowl at Full Tilt. Eat it walking to 2104, where we study for a bit; then I walk Gaya back to Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment