Sunday, September 25, 2016

9/23/16


  1. 9/23/16
    1. Dawgs Crew morning move-in much busier. Lots of fun. Meet the president of the League of Astronomers, she says she can share a table with us (SPS) at the club fair.
    2. Took a nap :)
    3. Lunch at 8, watched Your Lie in April.
    4. Went to visit CENPA, close things out with Prof. Garcia. I had decided I was going to stop working there because I didn’t want to be messing with more large obnoxious software systems. But helping Garcia, a pre-GUI computer user, navigate COMSOL, almost changed my mind. I was in a better position to construct the simulation than he was! He couldn’t find the context menus, etc. And he was so nice! Honestly, I love that guy. Maybe I should keep working with his group.
    5. Did work in Music building. Chatted with Issa a bit. Got about halfway on final Alpha manual. Ran into Elizabeth, one of our doctorate student conductors. Super nice lady, gave me a hug, some inside info on choral auditions.
    6. Working outside once the music library had kicked me out, ran into Troy from the honors floor, plus a slick, business casual older dude. Chatted with Troy a bit, talked about my internship, found out Troy was interning with the dude, working on some solar systems thing. The dude was an incredible two, latched on to some piece of my intelligent-sounding chatter about my internship and tried to suck me into his world, of ill-defined attempts to compete with huge solar energy companies on five different buzz-wordy fronts at once. I feel like I have to warn Troy, who’s an earnest naif trying to change the world through science.
    7. Dinner with Brandon at the 8. Run into Peter, this really nice, very autistic dude who sort of latched onto me freshman year. He’s extremely cheerful, even though he seems aware that he’s socially ostracized. Thinks I’m the greatest thing since sliced bread, since I’ll actually say hi to him and catch up when I run into him :)
    8. Return to 2104 for floor meeting. RA, Dei, is nice, but not as eager to blow off goofy rules as I’d hoped. Get to bring up barbeque, afterwards a few guys say they’d go in with me to get one.
    9. Head out to Quad Flicks with Molly and Abby (somehow we lose Dei). Watch Finding Dory. It’s great. Go back to drop off my sleeping bag, and...
    10. Brandon’s sister Emily arrives. Make ourselves a couple of sandwiches, then B, Emily, me go to midnight carnival. Watch lots of great dancers doing goofy moves in impromptu dance circles.
    11. Back to 2104 and crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment