Thursday, December 10, 2015

12/9/15

1. Highlight of the day: Glee concert! It started out stressful--I was practicing and practicing, trying to nail down a few tricky parts, throughout the day, and there was this one awful moment when I was in the restroom, putting on my tie, and failing miserably. All the stress of Dead Week killed my system 1 and rendered me unable to tie my own tie. But after that, things brightened considerably. Singing was great--I messed up a little bit, but mostly held my own on some tricky parts while other tenors were struggling, think I had a net positive impact on the sound. Then we went to Schultzy's; talked a lot with Elizabeth our accompanist and Mike "Danger"', and his wife Liz. Very relaxing.
2. Other things that happened today: Endodontist appt. Basically ended up with the same prognosis I had 2 weeks ago, still waiting on more info to decide what to do. This prompted Dad to unleash a hailstorm of questions that I should have asked while I was being rushed through the endodontic process, and now am attempting to ask via email.
Also, I filled in Sam's office hours today, and I did really well. Managed to helpfully answer some subtle questions. This homework was ideally suited for me--not computationally challenging, logically pretty simple, but not easy to do without a sound grasp of the logic involved (that is, nothing shook out just from symbolic manipulation, etc.) Forgive my long, terribly phrased sentences--it's time to rest this brain and blow this conscious popsicle stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment