Saturday, September 26, 2015

9/23/15

1.     9/23/15
a.     Brief Dawgs Crew orientation.
b.     Welcome Barbeque! Great food, and a bouncy castle. I met up with some old buddies from the Honors floor and my friend John from the SPS, and raced this friendly RA called Frederick through the bouncy castle. He won the best 2 out of 3 in a tightly contested battle.
c.      Got a haircut.
d.     Went to CSE for a robot collaboration study. Actually not super interesting, but seeing the different robot assistant modes under consideration was neat, and I got an $10 amazon gift card.

e.     Johan spotted me from the 3rd floor CSE breakout, and we hung out for the rest of the day. We chatted, ran into one of his friends and talked about CSE, headed down to the IMA where I taught him some badminton (I crushed him at some games and then we tried to rally to 30, counting in Spanish, multiples of 3, binary (hard), Fibonacci (impossible)). Then we walked back to Haggett and showered. I loaned him a fresh change of clothes. He biked slowly and I ran to his house, whereupon we took the car (part of the plan from the CSE building) to get groceries. Returned to his house, I met his friendly housemate Becci, a Biochem major. We made mushroom risotto (lots of fun) and it actually was tasty. We topped it off with good conversation and a Trader Joe’s raspberry tart. Johan dropped me off at Haggett and I dropped like a stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment